First Corinthians The Church and the Christian Community DVD Set
The conflicts of the early Christians in Corinth are in many ways similar to our struggles today as Christians. With divisions, immorality, persecution, and other trials of the faithful, the message of St. Paul to the Corinthians is a much-needed message for our own times. First Corinthians: The Church and the Christian Community explores the key elements that the apostle Paul introduced to a new and growing Church. St. Paul taught the Corinthians about the nature of grace and the Church as the Body of Christ. In addition, he introduced the Corinthian Christians to the most powerful gift of all, the Eucharist.
Your Group Will:
- Learn the importance of Christian unity in relation to the Church as the Body of Christ.
- Explore St. Paul's strategy for successful evangelization.
- See how to live a Christian life in the midst of a pagan culture.
- Discover why St. Paul sees the Church as the Body of Christ.
- Learn how St. Paul's letter proves that the sacrifice of Christ is truly made present in the Eucharist.
- Gain a new vision for seeing the body as a temple of the Holy Spirit.
The DVD Set contains 11 videos where Tim Gray provides and overview and explanation of the First Corinthians. These videos are just one part of the program. The First Corinthians Study Set contains the study questions, responses, and talk notes needed for the study.
- 1 Corinthians 1:1-9: Paul's Greeting to the Corinthians
- 1 Corinthians 1:10 - 3:4: Division, Wisdom, and Pride in Corinth
- 1 Corinthians 3:5 - 4:21: Servants of Christ and His Church Community
- 1 Corinthians 5 - 7: Immorality â€“ Assimilation Versus Isolation
- 1 Corinthians 8 - 9: Eating Meat Offered to Idols Versus Love of Neighbor
- 1 Corinthians 10:1 - 11:1: Imitating Israel in Corinth
- 1 Corinthians 11:2 - 12:31: True Worship
- 1 Corinthians 13 - 14: Love and Building Up the Church
- 1 Corinthians 15: Resurrection
- 1 Corinthians 16: Paul's Closing Words
Author: Tim Gray