Franciscan Heart of Thomas Merton
Daniel Horan, O.F.M., popular author of Dating God and other books on Franciscan themes—and expert on the spirituality of Thomas Merton—masterfully presents the untold story of how the most popular saint in Christian history inspired the most popular spiritual writer of the twentieth century, and how together they can inspire a new generation of Christians.
Millions of Christians and non-Christians look to Thomas Merton for spiritual wisdom and guidance, but to whom did Merton look? In The Franciscan Heart of Thomas Merton, Franciscan friar and author Daniel Horan shows how, both before and after he became a Trappist monk, Merton’s life was shaped by his love for St. Francis and for the Franciscan spiritual and intellectual tradition. Given recent renewed interest in St. Francis, this timely resource is both informative and practical, revealing a previously hidden side of Merton that will inspire a new generation of Christians to live richer, deeper, and more justice-minded lives of faith.
Features & Benefits:
- Horan lucidly demonstrates that as Thomas Merton is for us today, so St. Francis was for Merton.
- 2015 is the 100th anniversary of the birth of Thomas Merton.
- Horan currently serves on the board of directors of the International Thomas Merton Society.
- The papacy of Pope Francis has spawned renewed interest in St. Francis.
- Horan frequently writes and blogs for America and is a regular contributor to Give Us This Day (Liturgical Press) and the Huffington Post
Current supply chain challenges may cause a delay in actual availability. Furthermore, current supply chain challenges, including driver shortages are causing a delay in transit time. Please allow extra time for delivery of your order.