Listen—and Respond—Like Mary at the Annunciation
Mary has been called the “mother of listening.” She didn’t just hear the Word, she knew how to hear it in light of her own relationships, circumstances, and habits and then let it transform her. Sonja Corbitt is a best-selling author and one of the most dynamic and compelling new voices in the Church today. After years of study, she recognized that the “mother of listening” was presenting a model of prayer that has the power to revolutionize your life of prayer.
Springing from the Annunciation, Sonja will show you how to use the Blessed Mother as the ultimate prayer guide in a powerful “listening” practice: L – listen, O – observe, V – verbalize, E – entrust. Sonja draws from vivid biblical texts of Hannah’s song, the Psalms, and the Annunciation to reveal how to surrender to the Spirit and pray the Scriptures as Mary and Jesus did.
In How to Pray Like Mary you will:
- Learn what it means to see Mary as an icon of the Church and for individual Christians … and why this is so important.
- Rediscover and master what the early Church learned from the Bible itself: the power of Scripture-based prayer.
- Learn why whether man or woman, without pursuing a greater intimacy with Mary your prayer life will be a struggle.
- Discover how to hear the voice of God in Scripture, and make reading Scripture a joyful encounter with the one who loves you.
- Find peace and direction as you turn to God’s Word in Scripture and feel him working in your heart.
- Most importantly: You will know how to respond to God when you do hear him, just like the Blessed Mother!