Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation
The Paschal Mystery of Christ's Cross and Resurrection is the pinnacle of God's redemptive plan for his people. In Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation, students delve deeply into the saving actions of the Lord. This text unpacks the meaning of God's sacred and mysterious plan from creation, onward to the consequences of the fall and the promise of a Savior, while ultimately focusing on the Life, Passion, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Each chapter includes several special features:
- Panel activities that help the students foster total learning in hands (service), hearts (prayer), and mind (academic challenges).
- Review questions for each main section.
- Several Journal Assignments for deeper thought and reflection.
- Key vocabulary terms set off in margin panels.
- A Learn by Doing project for each chapter that provides a longer-term assignment.
- A Called to Prayer feature offering text from a prayer relevant to the chapter theme.
NEW features that enhance this text:
- A "Chapter Quick View" feature with page references that allow students to scan the chapter for main points.
- In-text glossary definitions with a variety of activities to help students learn key terms.
- Several "Primary Source Quotations" from the words of saints, Church Fathers, and the Church documents.
- Many "Ongoing Assignments" for each chapter that can be assigned as long-term projects, extra credit, and follow-up to the lessons learned.
- A prayer experience and reflection for each chapter.
(© 2011) The Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found that this catechetical high school text is in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and fulfills the requirements of Core Course III of the Doctrinal Elements of a Curriculum Framework for the Development of Catechetical Materials for Young People of High School Age.