Marriage and Holy Orders: Your Call to Love and Serve
Marriage and Holy Orders: Your Call to Love and Serve focuses on adult vocations in the two sacraments at the service of communion: marriage and priesthood. The discernment of these vocations involves preparation through living a chaste single life, which is also essential to living the permanent single vocation. For both women and men, lay and ordained, careful deliberation must also be given to the various callings of the consecrated life. Each chapter provides a thorough presentation of these permanent vocations.
Each of the Marriage and Holy Orders chapters includes several special features:
- Panel activities that help the students foster total learning in hands (service), hearts (prayer), and mind (academic challenges).
- Review questions for each main section.
- Several Journal Assignments for deeper thought and reflection.
- Key vocabulary terms set off in margin panels.
- A Learn by Doing project for each chapter that provides a longer-term assignment.
- A Called to Prayer feature offering text from a prayer relevant to the chapter theme.
(© 2007) The Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found that this catechetical high school text is in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and fulfills the requirements of Elective Course D of the Doctrinal Elements of a Curriculum Framework for the Development of Catechetical Materials for Young People of High School Age.