Prophets Messengers of God's Mercy DVD Set
If we consider that God is the Divine Bridegroom and the Church is his Bride, then the prophets can be seen as "spiritual marriage counselors". They afflict the comfortable and comfort the afflicted, calling us to return to our covenant relationship with God. They urge us to repentance, warn us of the dangers of sin, and announce the blessings of faithfulness. Their prophetic words speak to us even today, as they draw us closer to our heavenly Bridegroom, and show us how to share him with others.
In the Prophets you will:
- Discover who the prophets were, what their message was, and why they are important to us.
- See how God is constantly calling you to a deeper relationship with him.
- Discover the areas in your life that prevent you from drawing closer to God.
- Understand how the central message of the prophets is one of love, proclaiming the mercy of God for his children.
- See how their powerful words speak to us today, shedding light on our faith and our lives.
- Discover the ways you are called to be the voice of God to others.
- ...and much more
The DVD Set videos are just one part of the program. The Prophets Study Set contains the study questions, responses, and talk notes needed for the study.
- Introduction to the Prophets
- Hosea: Living God's Love Story
- Jonah: God's Reluctant Messenger
- Isaiah Part 1: Prophet of Woe
- Isaiah Part 2: Prophet of Consolation
- Jeremiah: The Broken-Hearted Prophet
- Ezekiel: God's Watchman on the Wall
- Daniel: Faithful to the End
- Haggai and Malachi: Messengers of Hope
- New Testament and Modern Prophets: Messengers of the New Covenant
Author: Thomas Smith