Eucharist Child's Book Celebrate and Remember
Celebrate and Remember prepares children for the celebration of the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation and the Sacrament of the Eucharist. Through the effective process of liturgical catechesis, preparation for these Sacraments takes place not only by learning about the rites but also through the rites that are going to be celebrated. It is a process that will result in a deeper understanding and more meaningful celebration of these important Sacraments.
This child's book captivates children with:
an opening prayer.
We Listen: Scripture story with an on-page activity.
We Learn: doctrinal instruction with an on-page activity.
Heart-to-Heart: an experiential story that shows how the Scripture and doctrine can be lived out.
We Pray: a closing prayer celebration.
Special chapter features include:
key words bolded and defined in the glossary.
sidebars that explore the saints, unique aspects of our faith, and the signs and symbols of our faith.
The child's book also contains a visual walk-through of a Catholic church, traditional Catholic prayers, a step-by-step guide to the Rite of the Mass, instructions for the reception of Holy Communion, and an illustrated glossary.
The catechist guide provides comprehensive support for catechists as they prepare the candidates for participating and reflecting on the Sacrament of the Eucharist.
The catechist guide includes:
- catechist prayers and background for topics addressed in each unit.
- planner pages for each unit, providing the objectives, teaching steps, activities, and materials.
- ritual actions to accompany each unit's opening prayer.
- scripts for each step in the unit.
- Scripture background text.
- background on various aspects of the Mass.
- stories of saints and holy people to share with the children.
- cultural connections.
- suggestions for music to accompany each lesson.
- additional activities for each session.