Faith & Life Series Our Life in the Church Grade 8 3rd Edition
The Faith and Life Third Edition series is a minor update to the Revised Edition series so that all text and liturgical references conform to the implementation of the new Roman Missal. Revised Edition teachers' manuals may continue to be used with the Third Edition text and activity books as the changes are relatively few. A list of changes with side by side textual comparisons to aid teachers using the Revised Edition teacher's manual is available from the Faith and Life series website.
THEME: The history of the Church--its founding by Christ, its birth in the Holy Spirit, the marks of the one, true Church, the Fathers and Doctors of the Church, the saints and the role of the religious and laity up to the present. The structure of the Church Jesus planned, the role of the Magisterium, the clergy, the religious and the laity and our own vocations.
SEQUENCE: Part 1: The Church. Christ's plan for the Church's structure and its necessary attributes; the Church's teaching authority. The early Church: Martyrs, Fathers, Saints and Mary.
Part 2: The Christian in the World. Religious and laity, Holy Orders, Marriage, and family life; call to holiness.
Part 3: The Last Things. Death, Judgment, the end of the world.
AIM: To help the teenager know and love the Church as Christ's Body and the Magisterium as the sure voice of Jesus, so that the young person may be strengthened through his life in the Church to face the confusion and secularism of modern-day society.
- Incorporates the Four Principal Components of Catechesis: the Creed, the Commandments, the Sacraments and Liturgy, Prayer and Scripture
- Clear and Comprehensive Presentation of Our Faith
- Rich in Artwork, both Original and Classical
- Format: Paperback; 190 Pages; Size: 9.7 x 7.5 Inches
- Designed for Use in the Home or Classroom
- Provides Creative Activities for Review and Reinforcement of Each Lesson
- Format: Paperback; 110 Pages Size: 9.7 x 7.5 Inches
- Inserted and Highlighted Student Text Relating to the Lesson of the Day.
- Improved Lesson Layout and Organization of Daily Activities
- Answer Keys
- Contains quizzes, tests and answer keys (also downloadable on the Faith and Life website) for student assessment. Each book is spiral bound so it stays open to the lesson of the day. From lesson planning to student assessment, the Faith and Life Teacher's Manual is a real asset.
- Paperback, 536 Pages; Size 12 x 10 Inches
Please Note: Each Book Sold Separately - Click on options for pricing
Current supply chain challenges may cause a delay in actual availability. Furthermore, current supply chain challenges, including driver shortages are causing a delay in transit time. Please allow extra time for delivery of your order.